Useful Svelte Components
- This one uses a keyed portal so that only one thing can populate the portal at a time. Seems like the best way to go
- Ended up using a combination of the REPL there and some of the older code that used
svelte:component, which continues to be useful when a menu needs to open a component in a portal but also close itself.
- Error Boundary
- Drag and Drop
- svelte-grid looks interesting here for flexible cases. Have to play around with it a bit to see how flexible it is in setting constraints on the dragging.
- https://github.com/isaacHagoel/svelte-dnd-action seems good for more traditional drag and drop
- "Brush" style graph selection
- https://svelte.dev/repl/00f726facd434b978c737af2698e0dbc?version=3.12.1 is a native Svelte implementation. Seems kind of broken but can be useful as a starting point
- https://layercake.graphics/example/SyncedBrush is one example from LayerCake
- List Management
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or comments, please send me a note on Twitter. And if you enjoyed this, I also have a newsletter where I write about tech thoughts, interesting things I've read, and project updates each Thursday.