Prose Page Formatting
- A common problem is too wide line length on content which hurts readability. 35-75 characters is a good target for this.
- Can do this by increasing margin or font size.
- Bigger line height helps too.
- 1.4 to 1.7em helps for content, but should reduce as font size increases
- Sometimes headlines should use smaller sizes on mobile to reduce excessive wrapping.
- Dark gray is good for paragraphs, which leaves black for the headers so they stand out.
- Line spacing should be set so that elements are attached to the relevant items. For example, a date and location would be closer to the headline it's attached to than to the rest of the content.
- Lists benefit from greater line height and custom bullets.
- Use custom bullet images and alight them with the left side of the header text for the list.
- A nice trick is to make the background a gradient, which starts out white at the top for better contrast with the header and slow fade to gray for smoother contrast with inputs later down the page.